- Calendar Scheduler
- News Letter
What are the Jesuit Values?
- Six values that are known as the principles of the Jesuits
- Magis: Meaning “more.” This is the challenge to strive for excellence.
- Women & Men for and with Others: Sharing gifts, pursuing justice, and having concern for the poor and marginalized.
- Cura Personalis: “Care for the individual person.” Respecting each person as a child of God and all of God’s creations.
- Unity of Heart, Mind, & Soul: Developing the whole person and
integrating all aspects of our lives.
- Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam (AMDG): For the Greater Glory of God o Forming & Educating Agents of Change: Teaching behaviors that
reflect critical thought and responsible action on moral and ethical issues.
How are the Jesuit values used?
- Values are used to drive and guide individuals in leadership
- These values can be incorporated into leadership roles and are used to educate people on the Ignatian principles
- Used in every day life and are lived out in the way individuals lead
What should I do when using the Jesuit Values?
- Encourage group members to use the values to guide their work
- Incorporate the values into the work that you do
- Magis: the work you do as a leader should be done with the thought of doing more
- Women & Men for and with Others: Use the value to broaden your understanding of cultural and global differences and increase civic engagement
- Cura Personalis: Taking care of the entire person and caring for the individual needs
- Unity of Heart, Mind, and Soul: Leaders should find themselves within and are more successful if they understand who they are as a person
- AMDG: Leadership should broaden one’s understanding of faith and create a wide religious acceptance
- Forming & Educating Agents of Change: Educating on experiences to increase awareness and growth
What should I never do when using the Jesuit values?
- Never force the Jesuit values on individuals
- Do not ostracize those who do not prefer to follow the Jesuit values as tips
- Do not loose sight of the values if you decide to utilize them in leadership